L.B.Pearson Alumni

The meeting place to catch up with graduates of L.B. Pearson School for the Arts in London, Ontario, Canada. We may be spread all over the world, but we're still part of the Pearson Family. Make contact, let us know where you are and how we can reach you.

Monday, October 23, 2006


Roopa Says Hey !!

Hey everyone! This is going to be wild! I can't wait to see what all of you are up to these days. Well, in true Pearson fashion I went on a got my BFA in Dance from York University....isn't that crazy? Who knew? I sure didn't. Mrs. Woytowicz planted the seed! I have lived in Toronto basically for the last seven years. Last fall I had a mini Pearson reunion at my place and about twelve people showed up and we had a blast! Erin Lewis had another mini one this past summer....it was good to see you Mr. Wasse!
I am currently in teacher's college at York and I truly think it is my calling. I can't imagine myself doing anything else. In my spare time I co-produce multidisciplinary arts shows with the focus being on contemporary dance. We call ourselves Vessel Dance Projects. I also take pictures and write poetry. My time at Pearson has really made me a lifelong lover of the arts. Last winter I had the amazing opportunity to come back to Pearson and conduct a choreographic workshop with the grade eights. What a full circle moment that was. I have also spent some time on the east coast and lived for a summer in Cardiff, Wales. I hope to be in touch with some of you long lost souls. You can catch me at roopacheema@gmail.com!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:20 AM, Blogger Chrystina_shortcake said…

    omfg! our class went 2 see andom dances at random places!! i knew i've seen your face somewhere :) good job

     

Post a Comment

<< Home